Water resources management
Helping meet increased water demands around the world for communities, industries, and irrigation.
Never let your well run dry
Climate change is increasing the frequency and severity of both droughts and floods, which effects the quantity and quality of groundwater and surface water resources. Access to safe drinking water is a basic human right and key to community health.
Sustainable water consumption
From Denmark to California, we have extensive experience within groundwater mapping and analysis. Our competences include geophysical surveys, 3D geological modelling, groundwater modelling, and well field exploration strategies. We carry out water reuse studies to improve overall water consumption and safety.
Three years of inadequate rainfall caused dam levels to fall to 25% of capacity, and water was expected to drop to a critical-level of 13.5% capacity by April, 2018. Yet South Africa avoided a devastating water crisis. Here's how we helped.
To help Ivory Coast supply water infrastructure for 95 rural communities, Ramboll developed an environmental and social management system (ESMS) to successfully meet international financial institution (IFI) standards.
What we offer
Design and modelling
- Layout and detailed design
- Evaluation and design of biological, chemical, and physical processes
- Well field optimisation and 3D groundwater modelling
- Hydraulic modelling
- Geophysical investigation, such as AEM, DualEM and TTEM
- Water resource identification
- Water quality and water chemistry
Planning and management
- Groundwater and surface water management
- Surface water intake management
- Water supply management and strategic planning
- Emergency planning
Tools and systems
- GIS and web-based solutions
- Accounting system for utilities
- Asset management
- Setting district metering areas
Process and maintenance
- Water supply treatment processes
- Reusing of rainwater water sources
- Water footprint and stewardship
- Support to operation and maintenance