3GIS digital structural assessment
To efficiently function in the modern cyber universe, reliable telecommunication infrastructure is needed. However, the continuous demand for connectivity and data changes telecom structures during their lifetime. This means the operations and maintenance of these structures is vital.
3GIS appointed Ramboll to implement a digital, automated solution to assess structural assets. 3GIS wanted an interactive overview of their full asset portfolio capacity, both for live and for scenario planning. To create the tool, we included structural data intake, data integrity checks, structure modelling, design bases, assessment processes and workflows, design analyses reporting, and reporting dashboard.
Adding agile processes with reduced turnaround times
It is common for infrastructure owners to conduct repeated engineering evaluations due to structure changes from technology upgrades, site sharing requirements, or lease agreements. Not only can this be costly and time-consuming, but not all changes may be captured accurately.
Our digitally enabled and automated structural assessment tool provides 3GIS with agile processes that significantly reduce turnaround times for the engineering evaluations. Risks are also minimised in decision-making thanks to the provision of including real site condition data, including changes.
Our solution benefits:
- Complete database of asset structures
- Always up-to-date tower documentation
- Organised processes for structural assessments to improve asset values
- Overview of the complete asset portfolio
- Overview of critical network circles for prioritised new builds/strengthening
- Tracking design change histories for all sites
- Evaluations of structures per actual site conditions
- Capacity overview of structures on-screen at any time (live updates)
- Simulations and clustered calculations for future requirements · Simple overview of all the results
- Automatic updates and compliance to new codes and standards
- Clear visibility - better reporting - wiser decisions
Design of Bahrain Airport telecom tower
Aesthetic telecom infrastructure at the Bahrain International Airport. Although it looks like an impressive and artistic architectural monument, the telecom tower ensures a reliable network connection for the authorities and thousands of airport commuters every day.
Next-gen high speed rail in Sweden
We're helping Sweden develop its next generation high-speed rail network, including a connection between Gothenburg-Borås.The aim is to deliver better journey times and accessibility, while minimising the impact on the environment or nearby inhabitants.
Electric grid delivering conservation gains
To facilitate a build-out of energy infrastructure that does not put sensitive species and habitats at risk, Ramboll partnered with Scottish and Southern Electricity Networks (SSEN) to protect local wildlife in the Lairg-Loch Buidhe transmission reinforcement project.