The need for high quality geological investigations is increasingly important as projects are getting larger and more complex. A geophysical investigation plays a central role as to achieve detailed geological information.
Ramboll has a strong track record in providing tailored solutions for clients both when performing geophysical investigations and consultancy. This is supported by our in-house team of geologists, hydrogeologists, geophysicists, and engineers.
Ramboll provides a wide range of surface, air, borehole and marine geophysical services as a cost-effective, nonintrusive approach for site investigations and environmental impact assessments.
As the expertise of the geophysical team covers many disciplines within geophysics we are able to provide consultancy for a variety of projects. This could involve a role as client representative for aiding with technical specifications and formulating tender documents, evaluation of tenders and contract negotiations, planning of field campaigns, supervision of work, etc.
As the geophysical results often are one of the main inputs for large investments it has been essential and crucial that the team of geophysicists masters the latest and the most advanced geophysical techniques.
Ramboll is at the forefront when working with innovative and state-of-the-art technical solutions to meet the demands of our customers. Our geophysical solutions are based on the latest research and we work closely together with universities and other research institutes.
Click here to read more about the Geophysical Services at Ramboll.
Ramboll carries out projects of all sizes and manages every phase – from planning, initial investigation, design and tender, to implementation, inspection and supervision.
Our services cover every aspect of geotechnics and foundation engineering:
- The planning and interpretation of geotechnical investigations
- Marine structures
- Soil-structure interaction
- Advanced modelling
- International geotechnics
- Construction and infrastructure projects
- Foundation design
- Foundation reinforcement and renovation
- Construction pits and retaining walls
- Tieback anchors
- Pile foundations and analyses
- Slope stability and stability analyses
- Earthquake engineering
Our projects cover everything from single-family houses to bridges and offshore platforms. No matter what task our geotechnical experts undertake, they deliver world-class results based on many years of experience and innovation.
We also carry out research and development projects that focus on environmentally sustainable solutions. These include:
- Geotechnical, environmental and geo-radar tests in situ and in the laboratory
- Stabilisation testing of soft materials (peat, mud, silt, clay, sediment)
- Recipe development and R&D into new binder materials from industrial by-products
- Renovating and improving road structures using recycled industrial by-products
- Landfill construction and groundwater protection, built using recycled industrial by-products
- References from over 250 R&D projects on deep, mass and layer stabilisation
Engineering geologists interpret observed and mapped geological data. They create conceptual models that illustrate the engineering-geological classification of each rock unit. Civil engineers then use these data and interpretations to make crucial building decisions.
Our engineering geologists have years of experience with this process. They understand the geological and non-geological factors that can influence rock slope stability. So even though the factors may vary considerably in a given area, our customers are sure to get accurate results.
Our rock engineering services include:
- Definition of potential problems
- Quantification of input parameters
- Calculation and evaluation
- Risk assessment
- Design and analysis