Our technical services provide for cost-effective and sustainable design and operation of water and wastewater treatment systems in the face of increasingly stringent external and internal performance expectations.
Technology Selection, Engineering, and Operations
We offer comprehensive bench-scale and pilot-scale investigations to select the most appropriate water and wastewater treatment technologies. Our process design engineering centred approach combines the elements of master planning, source control, and technology evaluation and selection, thereby generating the most cost-effective process design for a specific application. Process designs and feasibility studies include process optimization evaluations, mass balances (flow, organics, nitrogen, solids, and salt), detailed process flow diagrams (PFDs), and process instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs).
Ramboll engineers can oversee the development of water and wastewater treatment facilities from inception to startup. From a plant retrofit to a turnkey project, we are well equipped to act as a client’s representative, program manager, project and construction manager, or engineer to the contract. Our process expertise extends to operations troubleshooting, training and 24/7 contract operations.
Specific engineering service areas include
- Treatability testing to enable technology evaluation and selection
- Conceptual and feasibility engineering
- Preliminary and detailed design
- Commissioning, startup and continued technical support in operations
- Operations troubleshooting including microscopic analyses
- Operations training, performance assessments and energy audits
- Contract operations
- Facility water, mass, and energy balances and audits
- Water reuse and recycle strategy