Advanced 3D modelling of layout
Ramboll’s highly experienced piping and layout specialists apply their expertise and advanced 3D modelling to optimise the utilisation of space and operational requirements for all types of facilities. Ramboll employs state-of-the-art intelligent 3D CAD systems to accurately model equipment, piping, structures and cable trays.
Our piping and layout services cover:
- Layout engineering
- Plant layout design in CAD systems such as PDS, PDMS, SM3D and SP3D
- 3D modelling in combination with point clouds for clash free design
- Piping flexibility analysis and pipe stress calculations of critical lines
- Design review sessions
- 3D laser scanning & survey
Mechanical engineering and material selection
Ramboll has extensive mechanical engineering and materials competencies and experience from a range of different facilities to ensure that the most suitable equipment and specifications are selected.
Our mechanical engineering services cover:
- Equipment specification
- Handling and update of engineering specifications
- Material selection philosophies
- Procurement and development of technical data for procurement of materials and services
- Package engineering
- Fitness for service evaluations (FFS)
- Fire water calculations
- Expertise on rotating equipment
Specialists in rotating equipment
We have a number of specialists in rotating machinery such as gas turbines, gas compressors, water injection pumps and generators. We are particularly experienced with specifications for major rotating equipment installed on floating production vessels as well as the specification of gas compressors, including design, fabrication, installation and production start-up.
We apply our piping, layout and mechanical engineering services for Offshore platforms, Floating production, Pipelines & subsea, Onshore production & refining, Terminals, storage and pipelines and Gas & LNG.