Global demand is on the rise for environmental and health assessment and analysis of air quality, water, soil and sediment, as well as food and consumer products. Ramboll offers a wide range of laboratory services from chemical testing to regulatory compliance and technology-based research and product testing. For example, Ramboll's analytical laboratories in Finland, the Nordic region’s leading commercial research laboratories, offer advanced testing services to help clients meet Nordic and EU regulatory requirements.
Our Laboratory Services encompass:
- Ambient air and stack emissions monitoring
- Biological and ecological monitoring
- Food quality evaluations
- Drinking, catchment, recycled and desalination water monitoring
- Product and chemical testing supporting REACH
- Sediment assessment for dredging, capping and natural recovery
- Occupational monitoring and industrial hygiene
- Waste characterization
In addition to testing services, our laboratories work with clients to innovate and adapt manufacturing and treatment processes and identify new, sustainable technologies that can improve environmental performance.
Ramboll’s analytical chemists and toxicologists collaborate to support clients and regulators who are addressing new compounds and chemicals of interest. For example, our analytical laboratories in Finland are working with Finland’s Ministry of Environment to establish natural and wastewater standards for new pesticides, pharmaceuticals and endocrine-disrupting compounds.
Laboratories in Europe
- The environmental laboratory in Lahti, Finland, is staffed by scientists who are pioneers in the development of analysis methods and well-known for their ability to handle the most demanding analyses.
- The environmental laboratory in Tallinn, Estonia, specializes in essential analyses of contaminated soil and sediments. The laboratory is accredited to EAK, the Estonian national certification.
- The industrial and power plant chemistry laboratory in Vantaa, Finland, (link: http://www.ramboll-analytics.fi/industry), provides analysis and measurement services primarily for industrial and power plants, including accredited analyses, e.g., fuel, process water, by-products and flue gas.
- The research and material testing laboratories in Luopioinen and Lahti, Finland, develop stabilization technology for utilizing soil and waste by-products from remediation and construction.
- The ecotoxicology laboratory in Nashville, Tennessee, provides whole effluent toxicity (WET) testing and related compliance and biological testing services as part of Ramboll’s approach to integrated industrial wastewater management. For information about Ramboll's water-related laboratory services, click here.
Our quality system is based on the SFS–EN ISO/IEC 17025:2005 and ISO 9001:2000 standards. We also follow the GLP status for ecotoxicology testing. Our laboratories are accredited in Europe through FINAS and EAK and in the US in 25 states in addition to National Accreditation through NELAP. Our analyses and testing methods are based on international standard methods, such as ASTM, ISO, CEN and EPA.