Metro at eye-level
On the basis of the recommendations, Metroselskabet has strengthened its overall customer experience. Among other initiatives, Metroselskabet has improved station signs and created shared traffic information for busses, trains, and subways. Also, a new Metro-app shows upcoming departures and constantly updates on any traffic disruptions. Another initiative focuses on the metro culture:
- Most people in Copenhagen probably recognise the motto ”First off, then on” and the image of feet at the platform door marking where passengers should stand to allow a smoother flow when entering and exiting the subway. Fellow passengers demonstrating proper behaviour obviously means a lot for the user experience, and we’ve tried to influence this through what behavioural psychologists call ‘nudging’. We try to affect people’s behaviour with a smile – and by giving them a choice, says Maj Trige Andersen.
In the face of this positive development, the humorous observer might suggest that the Metro is on track. Nevertheless, there is still room for improvement and the next important step will be a customer analysis that will help clarify the passengers’ entire customer journey throughout the metro.
FOUR STEPS TO BETTER CUSTOMER EXPERIENCES
To better understand how to enhance your company’s customer experience, Market Manager Peter Jensen elaborates on four drivers for success.
WATCH video: Accelerating commercial potential of good customer experience
The drivers are based on the latest results from the CEM research project and Ramboll Management Consulting’s long track record helping international corporations getting closer to their customers.
1. Direction and commitment from top management
- The top management must define a vision describing which positive customer experiences to work with and where this should lead us. We must clearly illustrate the links between positive customer experiences and financial growth in specific terms.
2. Customer-centric processes
- What kind of journey is the customer on together with us? What touch points does the customer have with us? With this in mind, we maximise the efficiency of our work when creating excellent customer experiences based on precisely the touch points and experiences requested by our customers.
3. Clear goals
- We must make sure that the experiences we measure and follow up on, actually reflects the customer experience that is important to the customers. Accomplishing this often involves having vital insight into customers’ emotional experience of the company.
4. Applying customer insight systematically
- The final driver involves applying in-depth customer insight systematically, so we on the one side make sure that we measure the right parameters, while we on the other side distribute the insight to the parts of the organisation that will be using it.
If you want to learn more about CEMindex, the dimensions of CEM, and how to work strategically with Customer Experience Management, please visit our service page.