We are looking for experienced and talented Structural Engineers from Senior to Associate level to join our Building Structures team in Birmingham, which is currently working with a number of high profile architects on an extremely strong portfolio of Local, National and International projects, including the Paradise Circus redevelopment in the heart of Birmingham, an Energy from Waste facility in Gloucester, High Rise residential buildings in London and a major new hospital in Denmark.
We have designed a number of high profile projects that are currently under construction or have recently been completed, including the largest Passivhaus building in the UK, significant heritage projects and the conversion of a former printing works in the centre of Birmingham into a 6 storey basement car park supporting a 20 storey mixed use development. Our projects typically range from £5m to £250m and we work across numerous sectors and building types including Education, Healthcare, Commercial, Residential, Energy from Waste and Heritage. Our team is leading the development of BIM techniques and strategies within Ramboll and we have expertise in DfMA (Design for Manufacture and Assembly) and Advanced Structural Analysis techniques.
In addition to the above projects we have a number of exciting new opportunities and are therefore looking to recruit talented Engineers at all levels.
Our wealth of experience and exceptional track record mean we work with renowned architects including Herzog & De Meuron, Glenn Howells and Eric Parry; as well as major contractors including Laing O’Rourke, BAM and Carillion who trust Ramboll to design and deliver on some of their most exciting and complex schemes.
Ramboll is a leading engineering, design and consultancy company founded in Denmark in 1945. With close to 13,000 experts in 35 countries, including 1,200 in the UK, we emphasise local experience combined with a global knowledge-base.
Owned by the Ramboll Foundation and our staff, high ethical standards as well as responsibility towards society and employees are ingrained in our cultural DNA. Ramboll was value-based long before it came into fashion and we live our values every day. We constantly strive to achieve inspiring and exacting solutions that make a genuine difference to our customers, end-users and society as a whole.
Main Role Responsibilities
- Agree design philosophy/design fundamentals.
- Exercise design management and delivery to the highest standards, demonstrating all round technical competence and financial awareness.
- Supervise a small team of engineers and technicians, reviewing and commenting on the deliverables produced at key stages through a project.
- Liaise with clients, identifying their needs and presenting our solutions.
- Prepare client and project proposals.
- Promote Business Development through a network of contacts, and be ambassador of the company.
- Take an active role in technical groups and team meetings, and set an example to all staff.
Required qualifications, skills and knowledge
- Ideally chartered with demonstrable experience.
- Be an excellent communicator capable of explaining complex engineering principles in plain language, both verbally and in writing.
- Have a commercial understanding of an engineering consultancy as a business.
- Have a track record of working on varied and complex buildings.
- Demonstrate ability to take responsibility for projects and meet agreed deadlines.
- Ability to manage the design and construction stages of a project.
- Be competent at influencing people (staff, clients, and design team members).
- Be proactive in addressing problem issues, presenting and pushing solutions.
What we offer
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Excellent career growth and development opportunities.
- Being part of a dynamic, expanding team in a rapidly growing sector within the UK.
- High level of exposure to international expertise.
- Opportunities to work on high profile projects in the UK and overseas.
Ramboll UK is an equal opportunities employer.