Ramboll Environ is a leading engineering, design and consultancy company constantly striving to achieve inspiring and exacting solutions that make a genuine difference to our customers, end-users and society as a whole. We acknowledge that our solutions depend on the creativity, insight and integrity of our employees. Therefore, we empower the people within our organization, welcome their individual differences and enable them to work in multi-talented teams to produce inspired solutions. Ramboll Environ is seeking an energetic Senior Associate or Manager with a background in Engineering or Geology to join its office in Emeryville and San Francisco, California. The ideal candidate will have experience in both real estate due diligence and site investigations and remediation, have an understanding and experience with construction and redevelopment projects, Bay Area/California regulators including city agencies.
The job duties of this position may include:
- Completion of Phase I/II environmental site assessments, and other similar due diligence reviews for industrial, commercial, and residential properties
- Assist with the design and implementation of site characterization and remedial activities including air, soil vapor, soil, and groundwater issues
- Preparation and evaluation of remedial cost estimates
- Familiarity with human health risk assessments and appropriate risk based screening criteria
- Regulatory applicability evaluation and interaction with environmental agencies
- Rule research and interpretation
- Data analysis
- Site visits
- Oral and written communications
- Possible management of various subcontractors and preparation of project-specific subcontractor agreements and health and safety plans;
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and clients
- BS/MS in a relevant science discipline (geology, hydrogeology, or environmental science) or a relevant engineering discipline (civil, chemical, environmental preferred)
- 6+ years in real estate due diligence and/or site solutions
- Demonstrated capabilities in understanding and applying environmental regulations to real-world situations
- Strong written and oral communication, quantitative, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to details, analytical, and organizational skills
- Flexibility and adaptability to work effectively with multiple project deadlines, prioritize projects, and deliver quality work products on tight timelines
- Ability to manage client relationships
- Professional Geologist or Professional Engineer certification preferred
Ramboll Environ is an equal opportunity employer of minorities, females, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Ramboll Environ conducts all of its relations with its employees and applicants for employment in accordance with the applicable laws, directives and regulations of the many countries in which we do business, and without regard to ancestry, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, domestic partnership status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, military service or veteran status.
Applying is easy
Firstly, upload your CV directly or by using LinkedIn.
If you upload your CV directly, you will be asked to confirm your personal details.
Secondly, upload your cover letter.
We look forward to read your CV and application.