Ramboll Environ seeks a successful Senior Desktop Support Specialist at the Emeryville, California office. The candidate must possess competencies in Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise setup and support, PC hardware troubleshooting and repair, Microsoft Office 2013 suite support, Adobe Acrobat XI support, all in enterprise network environment.
This individual will be responsible for the day to day support of Windows systems, configuring and installing hardware, operating system components, third party and homegrown applications, and all other technology related equipment under the direction of the regional IT manager. They will have direct interactions with customers (company employees) on a daily basis, good communication skills are a must.
This position will frequently deal with tight deadlines based on the criticality of problems reported and schedules of those affected. You must be able to exercise good judgment under these stressful situations. They will have daily interaction with a distributed Global IT staff, and third-party technology vendors. This individual also will maintain documentation on hardware, software, and applications supported.
The position will report directly to the IT Support Services team lead in Chicago, IL and will be a member of the global IT support team.
Travel to San Francisco, and Lynwood offices will be required. Travel international and to our other West Coast offices: Seattle, Portland, Olympia and Anchorage may also be required at a less frequent rate.
The successful applicant will possess the following requirements (items are required unless noted otherwise):
- Must have three or more years of hands on technical experience supporting Windows based computers and Microsoft Office applications in an enterprise/global environment.
- Possess proven customer service skills, and hardware systems break-fix skills including peripherals in a networked environment.
- Self-directed/motivated, dependable and conscientious with the ability to independently prioritize work.
- Able to manage multiple/shifting priorities, and work independently in a fast paced environment.
- Be capable of performing tasks in dynamic/changing situations and under stress.
- Be able to communicate, instruct and work effectively with users of all skill levels.
- Experience serving as a resource to highly educated/scientific and engineering employee population a definite plus. Background in a professional services/consulting firm preferred.
- Essential duties require the following physical abilities and work environment:
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, kneel, squat, reach, and lift 50 pounds
- Ability to recognize and deal with electrical and mechanical hazards
- Ability to differentiate accurately between colors used in coding and identification
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends (project work)
- Any of the following IT certifications are highly desirable for this position: ITIL V3 Foundation, Microsoft MCP, Microsoft MCSA, Microsoft MTA, CompTIA A+ / Network+.
Specific skills include the following:
- Experience with various operating systems, protocols, and tools including iOS, Windows 7/10/2008 Server Enterprise Operating System software.
- Microsoft Office applications including Microsoft Outlook in an enterprise environment.
- Experience with Antivirus (MS System Center Endpoint), Antimalware, and other diagnostics utility software.
- Experience with Windows image creation, deployment, and maintenance using MS Sysprep, EDT, SCCM and a variety of other imaging tools.
- Patch Management skills utilizing Microsoft WSUS.
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange and Active Directory including local and group policies.
- Knowledge of Cisco Call Manager and IP Phones.
- Knowledge of working with a ticketing system (Remedy, ServiceNow..etc)
- Hardware break/fix experience including personal computers, laptops, tablets, and printers in an enterprise environment. Dell experience preferred.
- Knowledge of smartphones including iPhones and Android based phones is desirable.
- Knowledge of LAN/WAN and telecommunications environments. Fundamental knowledge of network transport for troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of data backup software/systems
- Experience in remotely troubleshooting and configuring systems using a variety of industry standard tools.
- Knowledge of UNIX/LINUX a plus.
- 3+ years of hands on technical experience supporting Windows based computers and Microsoft Office applications in an enterprise environment
Applying is easy
Firstly, upload your CV directly or by using LinkedIn.
If you upload your CV directly, you will be asked to confirm your personal details.
Secondly, upload your cover letter.
We look forward to read your CV and application.