Ramboll Environ is the global Environment and Health division of Ramboll, which is a leading engineering, design and consultancy company. Trusted by clients to manage their most challenging environmental, health and social issues, Ramboll Environ has more than 2,100 staff worldwide. Ramboll works across the areas of Buildings, Transport, Planning and Urban Design, Water, Environment and Health, Energy, Oil and Gas, and Management Consulting, and has more than 13,000 experts across 300 offices in 35 countries.
Our UK business employs over 250 environmental science professionals in 14 locations, and covers a breadth of consulting services structured around seven practices; Acoustics; Compliance, Strategy and Transactions; Impact Assessment; New Initiatives and Sustainability; Product Safety and Stewardship; Site Solutions; and Water. Our clients include UK and global multinationals, local and central government and international institutions.
An exciting opening has arisen for a senior consultant to work within Ramboll Environ’s Manchester office. We are seeking a motivated and suitably qualified candidate, who is currently operating in a highly technical and professional organisation and has a proven track record in the delivery of quality consultancy services to high profile clients. Technical experience requirements will be primarily within the areas of Environmental Due Diligence, Environmental Compliance and Management, and Property Environmental Site Assessment.
The successful candidate would join an established and enthusiastic team in Manchester’s multi-disciplinary office, part of the Environment and Health Global Practise. The role will encompass the delivery of a range of interesting projects, and client management, principally in the UK but also internationally.
The candidate will be self-confident, diligent, and pro-active and have a willingness to work flexible hours on occasions and will be required to build working relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Relevant degree, or higher in Environmental Sciences, or a related environmental discipline;
- Technical competency in ‘auditing’ to various standards and formats, including but not limited to E1527-13, the “ASTM Standard”;
- Sound understanding of current and emerging environmental legislation, within the UK and Europe;
- Thorough understanding, application and review of the UK’s environmental permitting regime;
- Taking the lead on consulting projects, from bid preparation, technical output, to invoicing and collection;
- Confident personality with the ability to liaise with colleagues, clients and supervise sub-contractors, where required;
- Clear and efficient verbal and written communication;
- Day to day management of multiple project workloads;
- Good time management skills, initiative and the ability to work without continual supervision;
- To be able to effectively contribute to the development and growth of client business; and
- Ability to use IT packages (including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook and MS Project).
- Relevant degree, or higher in environmental sciences, or a related environmental discipline;
- IEMA Registered Auditor status, or similar appropriate accreditation;
- Experience in the delivery of high level technical reports across a range of industry (manufacturing, chemical, pharmaceutical, power, oil & gas) and property sectors;
- Delivery of environmental compliance aspects of multi facility audits;
- Hands-on experience of environmental permitting applications, regulatory engagement and delivery; and
- Full clean driving licence.
Ramboll Environ conducts all of its relations with its employees and applicants for employment in accordance with the applicable laws, directives and regulations of the many countries in which we do business.
Applying is easy
Firstly, upload your CV directly or by using LinkedIn.
If you upload your CV directly, you will be asked to confirm your personal details.
Secondly, upload your cover letter.
We look forward to read your CV and application.