Ramboll Environ is seeking a full-time Senior Design Engineer with Civil Engineering experience to join the Site Solutions group in our Chicago, Illinois office. Typical responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
Job duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Investigation, design and construction management of earthen structures (e.g., embankments, dikes, levees, surface impoundments and landfills), foundations, engineered excavations, on-shore and off-shore reclamation, roadways, pipelines;
- Investigation, design, construction management, and operation and maintenance support of containment technologies, including capping, slurry walls, hydraulic containment systems, etc.;
- Experience with the design, construction management, and/or operation and maintenance support of in-situ and ex-situ remedial systems (e.g., soil vapor extraction (SVE), enhanced in-situ bioremediation (eISB), in-situ chemical oxidation (ISCO), and passive reactive barriers (PRB), etc. is a plus;
- Remedial alternative identification and evaluation including preparation of Feasibility Study Reports and Remedial Action Plans;
- Preparation of technical deliverables and reports, including engineering plans, specifications, construction cost estimates and bid packages;
- Assistance with proposal writing and developing technical approaches and strategy on proposal opportunities;
- Strong Project Management Skills including time and budget management;
- Support to senior management and participation in development and maintenance of client relationships;
- Mentoring of junior staff; and
- Collaboration on technical papers for publications and/or presentation at conference.
Ramboll Environ conducts all of its relations with its employees and applicants for employment in accordance with the applicable laws, directives and regulations of the many countries in which we do business, and without regard to ancestry, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, domestic partnership status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, military service or veteran status.
Ramboll Environ is an equal opportunity employer of minorities, females, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent time management skills with ability to multitask;
- Experience in managing a team of technical staff;
- Capability to work both independently and as part of a team;
- Experience with budgeting, cost tracking, drafting proposals and reporting;
- Experience in technical publication and/or presentation at conference;
- Experience in the design of landfill caps, earthen structures, soil stabilization/solidification, and/or slurry walls;
- Experience in the preparation of engineering plans for storm water management, including Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPP) for construction.
- Minimum requirement is BS in Civil or Environmental Engineering; A Master's degree in a related field is a plus;
- Related geotechnical experience is also a plus;
- Licensed Professional Engineer (PE) (Illinois, New Jersey, or Maryland preferred); and
- 10 plus years of experience in Environmental Consulting/Engineering;
Applying is easy
Firstly, upload your CV directly or by using LinkedIn.
If you upload your CV directly, you will be asked to confirm your personal details.
Secondly, upload your cover letter.
We look forward to read your CV and application.