Ramboll Environ is seeking an Associate Industrial Hygienist to join our Occupational Health and Safety Consulting team located in Chicago, Illinois. This position will provide the opportunity to work with a highly skilled team of industrial hygienists, health scientists and environmental professionals. The role will include diverse job assignments serving a variety of market segments and industries. Job tasks include but are not limited to the following:
- Indoor Environmental Quality/Microbial assessments
- Asbestos project management
- Occupational chemical and noise exposure assessments
- Equipment calibration and maintenance
- Data analysis
- Report development
- Industrial hygiene and safety program review and development
- Ability to travel overnight; likely average would be 1 week per month but could be more or less depending on work assignments.
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work independently or within a team setting
- Minimum of a B.S. in Industrial Hygiene or related science/engineering field
- Be an Illinois Licensed Asbestos Project Manager/Air Sampling Professional (APM/ASP)
- Be a Licensed asbestos Building Inspector
- Other state licensing may also be acceptable if transferable to Illinois
- Two – Five years of experience in industrial hygiene related work including Indoor environmental quality (IEQ) assessments, microbial sampling, occupational exposure assessments and asbestos project management
You will be required to perform the following physical activities during the performance of the job tasks for this position: climb, maintain balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, stand, push/pull, lift, and grasp. Worker may be exposed to extreme temperatures both hot/cold, noise, other physical hazards. You may be required to wear a respirator during execution of the position job tasks.
Ramboll Environ conducts all of its relations with its employees and applicants for employment in accordance with the applicable laws, directives and regulations of the many countries in which we do business, and without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, domestic partnership status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, military service or veteran status.
Ramboll Environ is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V.
Applying is easy
Firstly, upload your CV directly or by using LinkedIn.
If you upload your CV directly, you will be asked to confirm your personal details.
Secondly, upload your cover letter.
We look forward to read your CV and application.