Ramboll is a leading engineering, design and consultancy company employing 12,300 experts in the
Nordics, North America, the UK, Continental Europe, Middle East and India, supplemented by a
significant representation in Asia, Australia, South America and Sub-Saharan Africa. We constantly strive
to achieve inspiring and exacting solutions that make a genuine difference to our customers, end-users
and society as a whole. www.ramboll-environ.com
We have an opportunity in our Chicago Loop offices for an Accounting Specialist.
We are looking for an Accounting Specialist to join the Ramboll Environ team focusing on Accounts
Payable, assisting Project Accountants as required, and working closely with the Accounting Manager to
ensure accuracy in financial processes and procedures.
This position will report to the Accounting Manager in the Upper Midwest. Responsibilities of this position will
include, but are not limited to the following:
- Review vendor invoices, code to the general ledger, and secure approval
- Review employee expense reports against guidelines and secure approval
- Confirm appropriate receipts and documentation for employee expenses
- Process check requests
- Reconcile American Express statements and petty cash
- Respond to queries from vendors and internal clients
- Maintain filing system for vendor invoices and employee expenses
- Gather documentation to include with client billings
- Organize documentation and process for employee Labor and Expense transfers
- Assist Project Accounting with numerous tasks, including billing
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with new and existing vendors and customers
- Cross-train with other accounting employees, assisting Project Accountants, including ownership of the billing projects as needed
- Perform special projects as directed
- Solid understanding of Accounts Payable/Receivable principles and GL structure.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to work well with all levels of management
- Must be well organized with strong attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines in an organized and efficient manner
- Ability to adjust to changing work priorities and react with appropriate flexibility
- Effectively follow company policy and procedures
- Working well independently as a team player
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Two-year degree or equivalent experience with 2+ years in Accounting or Finance
- Experience with BST Enterprises, Great Plains or Deltek Vision a plus
Applying is easy
Firstly, upload your CV directly or by using LinkedIn.
If you upload your CV directly, you will be asked to confirm your personal details.
Secondly, upload your cover letter.
We look forward to read your CV and application.