Environment & Health
At Ramboll, we have 2,200 employees working within Environment & Health across 128 offices in 26 countries. All of us are focused on bringing creativity, insight and integrity to each and every client engagement.
Principal Consultant/Principal (Manhattan, New York)
Ramboll Environ is seeking qualified candidates to join our East Coast business unit and lead our New York City and metro service area business.
- Provide overall senior leadership in business development, financial performance, staff development and mentoring, and provide technical direction to staff in a "seller-doer" environment as we grow and develop Ramboll Environ's New York City environmental and engineering services capabilities;
- Develop, direct, lead New York City and New York State environmental and brownfield projects under NYC OER, E-Designation/HAZMAT, State Superfund, NYCDEP, bulk storage/AST, UST and petroleum spills, and related NYS/NYC site remediation and cleanup programs;
- Develop, direct, and lead climate change, sustainability, and resiliency projects;
- Lead the completion of Phase I ESAs, Site Investigation/Phase II ESAs, remedial investigations, and development of remedial investigation and remedial action plans;
- Lead the investigation, remedial planning, permitting, and remediation of air, water, wastewater, vapor, soils, sediment, and other media at sites throughout the metro-NYC area;
- Develop work scopes and budget schedules for new projects;
- Provide remediation cost estimates;
- Develop and manage project schedules, budgets, and deadlines;
- Lead the preparation of deliverables for regulatory agencies;
- Mentor junior staff and participate in performance-related activities.
- MS degree in Engineering, Geology, Environmental Science, or related technical field;
- Demonstrable relationships with NYSDEC, NYCDEP, and other NYC regulatory agencies;
- Demonstrable relationships with authorities (e.g., NY/NJ Port Authority, MTA, DDC, Housing, Schools Construction) and public contracting experience;
- Strong technical skills, excellent oral and written communication skills, excellent presentation skills;
- Demonstrable legal, business, and developer contacts and credibility/reputation in the field;
- Motivation and ability to develop new contacts and business in a "seller-doer" model;
- Strong motivation to produce quality work products on budget and on time;
- Ability to simultaneously perform on and manage numerous technically complex projects while working on separate technical project teams;
- Capability to travel within 100 miles of New York City and occasionally outside the area;
- NY PE highly desirable;
- Other professional licensure desirable but not required.
- 15+ years of experience of which a substantial amount has involved performing/implementing hazmat, OER, NYCDEP, NYSDEC, RCRA, UST, and related New York remediation projects;
- Experience negotiating with regulators and/or participating on negotiation teams for environmental and land use permitting including Water permits, federal/USACE permits, wetlands, soils, SPDES, and SEQR;
- Working with the NYSDEC, NYCDEP, NYC OER, and NJDEP Site Remediation Program officials and other regulatory agencies;
- Conducting presentations in-house and at technical meetings and conferences;
- Current 8-hr. refresher for 40-hr. HAZWOPER training.
Applying is easy
Firstly, upload your CV directly or by using LinkedIn.
If you upload your CV directly, you will be asked to confirm your personal details.
Secondly, upload your cover letter.
We look forward to read your CV and application.Deadline 2017-05-19Workplace New York
Did you find what you were looking for?