Ramboll Environ US Corporation (Ramboll Environ) is a leading scientific environmental consulting firm providing a broad range of technical services to both public and private sector clients. As such, Ramboll Environ has earned a reputation as a leader in the areas of environmental risk assessment and management, strategic compliance management and environmental liability.
Ramboll Environ is seeking a highly motivated mid-level Associate Geologist or Engineer to join the firm’s Irvine, California office in the summer/fall of 2016.
Typical responsibilities of this position may include:
- Implementing field investigations including air, soil gas, soil, and groundwater sampling programs under the direction of a registered Professional Geologist or Engineer.
- Evaluating, selecting, and designing remediation and pollution control technologies.
- Assisting with the design and implementation of remediation systems at commercial and industrial sites.
- Conducting fieldwork independently that may include: logging of soil borings, well installation oversight, collecting soil/groundwater/soil gas/indoor air samples, and remediation system installation oversight, operation, and maintenance.
- Evaluation of environmental datasets and preparation of technical reports based on the results of field sampling and remediation activities.
- Researching and understanding historical manufacturing operations, and assessing the risk to human health and the environment from current and historic operations and accidental releases from industrial facilities.
- Performing research and assisting with technical analyses of issues related to human exposure to contaminants in the environment.
- Critically reviewing, abstracting, and summarizing regulatory requirements for all areas of environmental compliance (i.e., scientific articles, Federal and state regulations).
- Preparation of permit applications and/or overseeing implementation of permit conditions.
- Assisting in modeling for risk assessments and for contaminant fate and transport.
- Following corporate health and safety standards.
- Preparation of scopes of work and cost estimates.
Required Skills and Experience
- BS and/or MS Degree in Physical Sciences (e.g. Geology or Environmental Science) or Civil/Chemical/Environmental Engineering.
- Minimum of 3 years of applicable environmental consulting experience.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate technical issues to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong time-management skills with ability to meet tight deadlines and budgets.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a project team.
- Ability to simultaneously perform work on numerous technically complex projects while working on separate technical project teams.
- Comfortable working with subcontractors.
- Experience with PC-based and network applications software including Microsoft Office, especially Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Project.
- Experience independently conducting fieldwork and overseeing subcontractors with little to no supervision.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License and reliable form of transportation. The successful candidate will need to provide evidence of a good driving record (MVR) and proof of personal insurance coverage.
- Geologist-in-Training or Engineer-in-Training certification.
- Ability to obtain registration as a Professional Engineer or Professional Geologist within 2 to 3 years.
- Knowledge of State and Federal regulations pertaining to site investigation and remediation.
- Skills in applied environmental chemistry, geochemistry and hydrogeology.
- Experience with MODFLOW and MT3D.
- Valid OSHA HAZWOPER training.
- Database (e.g., ACCESS) and GIS or AutoCAD skills.
- Ability to drive, travel and/or perform field work out of the office approximately 50% of the time.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds.
- Must be able to perform the following actions while conducting fieldwork: stooping/kneeling/crouching, standing for long periods of time, pulling/pushing and lifting equipment and supplies, walking on uneven terrain.
- Ability to work in outdoor environments and hot/arid conditions.
- Ability and willingness to work long hours and in proximity to loud noises and hazards (i.e., proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, and exposure to chemicals, fumes, odors, dusts, and gases). Worker may be required to wear a respirator. Proper training and protective equipment will be provided as necessary.
Applying is easy
Firstly, upload your CV directly or by using LinkedIn.
If you upload your CV directly, you will be asked to confirm your personal details.
Secondly, upload your cover letter.
We look forward to read your CV and application.