Environment & Health
At Ramboll, we have 2,200 employees working within Environment & Health across 128 offices in 26 countries. All of us are focused on bringing creativity, insight and integrity to each and every client engagement.
Senior Level Geospatial Analyst/Advisor
Ramboll ENVIRON US Corporation (Ramboll ENVIRON) is a fast-paced, detailed oriented Environmental Consulting firm looking for a senior-level Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Analyst/Advisor to join our graphics group in our Irvine, California location. A key component of our business model is utilizing cutting edge geospatial and environmental data visualization techniques to convey complex data analyses to our clients, the public, and the regulatory community. Successful candidates must demonstrate advanced knowledge of GIS software including Esri ArcGIS (Desktop and Enterprise), Computer Aided Design (CAD) and data management skills using Excel, Access, and SQL and must also apply advanced geographic, mapping, planning, and physical/computer sciences. Typical responsibilities include those for mid-level GIS Associates in addition to providing mentoring of junior staff, performing QA/QC on work products, communicating results and findings to internal and external clients, and assisting with business development activities.
- Mentor junior analysts on activities related to the application of geospatial analytical techniques and methodologies
- Perform QA/QC on maps and analyses
- Integrate data from multiple disparate data sets and assess the significance and reliability of incoming client data
- Advise internal and external clients and assist in resolving complex problems
- Professionally communicate findings as written, visual, and/or oral intelligence products to senior staff and clients
- Collaborate with the Ramboll Environ Data Science and Integration Advisory Board
- Participate in 1st and 2nd Tier technical support request resolution
- Provide technical demonstrations and knowledge transfer/dissemination
- Provide/coordinate training to staff as requested
- Assist with business development initiatives (demonstrations, client meetings, presentations, bids and proposal support, etc.)
- Provide graphics support as needed
- Minimum: Bachelor’s degree in geographic information systems (GIS), remote sensing, geospatial, photogrammetry, & cartography
- MS GIS Degree a plus
- 10 years of relevant GIS experience required in environmental consulting setting
- Proficient and experienced with the use of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint). Advanced Excel and Access skills are preferred.
- Relational database proficiency (MS SQL 2008+, PostgreSQL, etc.)
- Proficiency and experience with the use of Esri Desktop and Enterprise systems (ArcGIS Server, Portal, ArcGIS Online) 10.3.1+
- Extensive knowledge of GIS processes and techniques; experience using Esri ArcGIS, ArcGIS Extensions and model builder
- Experience in GIS data development, maintenance, analysis and cartographic processes
- Experience coordinating, implementing and maintaining relational geographic database
- Strong data mining and data management skills
- Experience in assessing geospatial and ancillary data quality, and in developing/implementing QA/QC procedures
- Experience assessing and processing terrain data (Cloud points, breaklines, cross section surveys, TINs, DEMs, Contours)
- Online map publishing experience: ESRI online, google maps, or other
- Facilitation of mobile data collection (Esri Collector, Survey123, Trimble, Equis Edge 6.5+)
- Learn and apply new skills and tools during the life cycle of a project
- Collect requirements, determine clients' needs, communicate solutions, design workflows and data management techniques to increase efficiencies, and maintain the quality of deliverables
- Automation capabilities strongly preferred (Python, Esri Data Driven Pages)
- In depth knowledge of the environmental consulting community
- Ability to work in a very dynamic and demanding work environment
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills having the ability to convey GIS/spatial information/processes to non-GIS/technical people
- Ability to work independently and as a member of team.
Applying is easy
Firstly, upload your CV directly or by using LinkedIn.
If you upload your CV directly, you will be asked to confirm your personal details.
Secondly, upload your cover letter.
We look forward to read your CV and application.Deadline 2017-05-12Workplace Irvine
Did you find what you were looking for?