An opening has arisen for an ecologist based in Ramboll Environ’s Birmingham office, working to support the ecology requirement of all areas of the business. A range of ecology experience is required, preferably within a consultancy setting. The successful candidate should have a thorough understanding of the CIEEM EcIA guidelines and a full working knowledge of UK legislation relating to wildlife and nature conservation. Although based in Birmingham the role will involve working as a key member of the UK wide ecology team.
Key work areas shall include:
- Designing, managing and undertaking ecological surveys;
- Writing of reports for a range of end uses (e.g. Due diligence, EIA, HRA, etc);
- Preparation of proposals and ecology reports showing understanding of the needs of clients;
- Acting as a mentor to more junior staff; and
- Client and project team liaison.
The successful candidate will have an advanced understanding of the necessary guidelines, regulations and practice, be self-confident, diligent, proactive, take initiative, willing to work flexible hours to meet requirements of role and able to build working relationships with colleagues and clients. By the very nature of ecology work, it is essential that the candidate will have strong organisational skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent ecology field skills, including the ability to identify a broad range of plant species;
- A protected species licence for bats, great crested newts and/or dormice would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of BREEAM;
- Excellent and efficient report writing skills;
- Excellent analytical skills, ability to think critically and conduct research from scientific literature and web sources
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English;
- Well organised and able to prioritise their own workload with minimal supervision; and
- Able to manage large and complex projects.
- Member of CIEEM at the appropriate level is required;
- Appropriate degree in ecology or similar is required;
- Full clean driving licence; and
- Prior experience in specifying and costing ecology surveys.
Applying is easy
Firstly, upload your CV directly or by using LinkedIn.
If you upload your CV directly, you will be asked to confirm your personal details.
Secondly, upload your cover letter.
We look forward to read your CV and application.