Ramboll Environ is the global Environment and Health division of Ramboll, which is a leading engineering, design and consultancy company. Trusted by clients to manage their most challenging environmental, health and social issues, Ramboll Environ has more than 2,100 staff worldwide. Ramboll works across the areas of Buildings, Transport, Planning and Urban Design, Water, Environment and Health, Energy, Oil and Gas, and Management Consulting, and has more than 13,000 experts across 300 offices in 35 countries.
Our UK business employs over 250 environmental science professionals in 14 locations, and covers a breadth of consulting services structured around seven practices; Acoustics; Compliance, Strategy and Transactions; Impact Assessment; New Initiatives and Sustainability; Product Safety and Stewardship; Site Solutions; and Water. Our clients include UK and global multinationals, local and central government and international institutions.
An opportunity has arisen for a suitably experienced and capable Senior Consultant to join our Edinburgh based Site Solutions team. The successful applicant should have a proven track record in project development, delivery and completion. Key competencies will include a sound understanding of applicable legislation; a thorough and practical knowledge of a range of site investigation techniques; a proven ability to design and budget Phase II investigations; excellent project management and communication abilities; and excellent report writing skills. The role will involve working in all areas of the UK.
- Degree, preferably to Masters level in a Geo-environmental/Hydrogeological subject.
- Technical competency in contaminated land investigation design and delivery.
- Sound understating of current and emerging environmental legislation (both that applicable to England and Wales and that applicable to Scotland).
- Understanding of wider Ramboll Environ offering and ability to identify opportunities outside of the Site Solutions practice area (e.g. ecology, health and safety).
- Clear and efficient verbal and written communication.
- Confident personality with the ability to appropriately liaise with clients, regulators, sub-contractors and colleagues.
- Good time management skills, initiative and the ability to work across multiple projects with minimal supervision.
- A full UK drivers’ license and eligibility to work in the UK.
- Prior experience of working in an international environmental consultancy.
- Design and supervision of intrusive site investigation and remediation projects.
- Preparation of Phase II and Phase III environmental assessments to a high standard.
- Mentoring of junior colleagues.
- Management of Client relationships.
- Liaison with regulators in regard to specific project requirements.
- Third party technical review of Phase I, II and III assessments.
- Budget development and management throughout the project’s life.
Ramboll Environ conducts all of its relations with its employees and applicants for employment in accordance with the applicable laws, directives, and regulations of the many countries in which we do business.
Applying is easy
Firstly, upload your CV directly or by using LinkedIn.
If you upload your CV directly, you will be asked to confirm your personal details.
Secondly, upload your cover letter.
We look forward to read your CV and application.