We are looking for a motivated and creative Electrical Engineer at intermediate level to join our successful Building Services team in Manchester. This is an exciting position with great opportunities for a talented candidate to support and expand the capability of our team.
Our Manchester Buildings team is well established and has an enviable reputation in world class projects.
This position offers the right candidate excellent career progression and personal development potential. The ideal candidate will be technically well rounded and able to work with minimal supervision.
Ramboll is a leading engineering, design and consultancy company founded in Denmark in 1945. With close to 13,000 experts in 35 countries, including 1,200 in the UK, we emphasise local experience combined with a global knowledge-base.
Owned by the Ramboll Foundation and our staff, high ethical standards as well as responsibility towards society and employees are ingrained in our cultural DNA. Ramboll was value-based long before it came into fashion and we live our values every day. We constantly strive to achieve inspiring and exacting solutions that make a genuine difference to our customers, end-users and society as a whole.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Contributing to the engineering design and delivery of client solutions and projects
- Being proven and competent in the subject matter of the assignment and able to work independently with intermittent supervision
- Supporting and assisting with initiatives to strengthen and deepen client relationships
- Applying judgement in the evaluation, selection, and adaptation of standard techniques
- Developing existing client contacts and supports strategic selling activities
Professional Membership and Qualifications
- Relevant degree in Electrical Engineering, Building Services Engineering or equivalent qualification (desirable)
Required Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Relevant experience as an Electrical Engineer
- Solid knowledge of Electrical Engineering and general understanding of other building services disciplines and multi-disciplinary design
- Experience in the use of Amtech and Dialux
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD
- Previous experience of Revit is beneficial but not essential
- Able to work independently
- Excellent interpersonal skills, confident, professional and able to negotiate positive outcomes with clients and staff when required.
- Demonstrate pride in their work, through high quality and accurate timely delivery
- Be able to work collaboratively with others to form strong positive working relationships
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload to ensure timescales are met
- Ability to work on own initiative, but also seek assistance when required
- Willingness to develop personal skills and basic knowledge in other engineering disciplines
What we offer
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Excellent career growth and development opportunities
- Be part of a dynamic, expanding team in a rapidly growing sector within the UK
- High level of exposure to international expertise in the sector and opportunity to work on international projects
You must be eligible to work in the UK.
Ramboll is an equal opportunity employer.