We are looking for a motivated and creative Electrical Engineer at Associate level to join our successful Building Services team in Manchester. This is an exciting position with great opportunities for a talented candidate to take a key role in managing our team, and help to broaden and strengthen our Manchester client base.
Our Manchester Buildings team is well established and has an enviable reputation in world class projects.
This position offers the right candidate excellent career progression and personal development potential. The ideal candidate will be technically well rounded, with great people management and client facing skills.
Ramboll is a leading engineering, design and consultancy company founded in Denmark in 1945. With close to 13,000 experts in 35 countries, including 1,200 in the UK, we emphasise local experience combined with a global knowledge-base.
Owned by the Ramboll Foundation and our staff, high ethical standards as well as responsibility towards society and employees are ingrained in our cultural DNA. Ramboll was value-based long before it came into fashion and we live our values every day. We constantly strive to achieve inspiring and exacting solutions that make a genuine difference to our customers, end-users and society as a whole.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Management of the electrical team, overseeing their work load and running projects
- Represent Ramboll at external client meetings
- Understanding of financial arrangements for projects including fee forecasting, fee preparation, and allocation
- Monitor actual project costs against target costs and administer change control procedures in accordance with agreed scope of service
- Provide electrical design expertise for the Manchester office
- Growth of new and existing clients
Professional Membership and Qualifications
- Relevant degree in Electrical Engineering, Building Services Engineering or equivalent qualification
- Full membership of an appropriate professional institution
Required Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Solid technical knowledge of Electrical Engineering and general understanding of other building services disciplines and multi-disciplinary design
- Previous experience of BIM and ability to oversee the production of design information with Revit is essential
- Able to work independently
- Excellent interpersonal skills, confident, professional and able to negotiate positive outcomes with clients and staff when required.
- Possess skills and aptitude to provide guidance, instruct, motivate, and manage junior colleagues
- Be able to interface comfortably with clients
- Demonstrate pride in their work, through high quality and accurate timely delivery
- Be able to work collaboratively with others to form strong positive working relationships
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload to ensure timescales are met
- Ability to work on own initiative, but also seek assistance when required
- Willingness to develop personal skills and basic knowledge in other engineering disciplines
- Willingness to share knowledge and help junior team members develop
What we offer
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Excellent career growth and development opportunities
- Be part of a dynamic, expanding team in a rapidly growing sector within the UK
- High level of exposure to international expertise in the sector and opportunity to work on international projects
You must be elegible to work in the UK.
Ramboll is an equal opportunity employer.