Title : Senior CAD Technician – Electrical
Location : Gurgaon
Reports to : Head of Department - MEP Buildings
Ramboll is a world class, innovation driven engineering design consultancy owned by an independent trust and its employees. With its headquarters and heritage in Denmark, Ramboll is expanding its experience and expertise globally. Central to this, is a highly sophisticated center of engineering excellence and expertise collocated with our India head office in Gurgaon. Working in partnership with all our established offices globally, the Ramboll Engineering Centre (REC) will be a center for excellence in design by offering optimized solutions to the rest of the organization.
We are looking for the best in class; like-minded people who can join our exciting and fast moving organization and help deliver our vision. Preference will be given to ITI/Diploma holders.
Senior CAD Technician shall co-ordinate with Technical Manager/Principal Engineer and be primarily involved in delivering the scheduled tasks in the form of quality drawings. Expected to be a good team player within the team, the CAD/Revit Technician will:
- Manage major aspects of the Electrical Engineering layouts/Model of projects.
- Be responsible to the Technical Manager/Principal Engineer for the organization, production, and quality of the work.
- Act as Electrical CAD/Revit Technician depending on the scope of the project.
- Coordinate design efforts with all other groups, and maintain project records.
- Ensure compliance with relevant standards and procedures.
To perform this role successfully, the individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Calculation of lighting over Dialux.
- Preparation of lighting, Power & cable tray layout.
- Preparation of lighting, Power conduiting layout.
- Preparation of Schematic diagram.
- Preparation of Earthing Schematic diagram.
- Preparation of Fire Alarm & PA Schematic diagram.
- Preparation of Fire alarm & PA layout.
- Use of Building Information Modelling (BIM) to perform drawing work tasked.
- Report to the manager/engineer in charge and perform work task assigned.
- Monitor/checking if there is any crashing.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Must possess with minimum 7 to 12 years of professional experience in electrical system design/drafting.
- Must possess the ability to develop complex drawings with minimal guidance from other senior staff
- Should be passionate about engineering with an attitude of absolute intolerance for non-compliance in relation to people safety, environment or product quality.
- Should have flexible attitude, in an environment with frequently changing deadlines and can be relied on to meet deadlines.
- Should be committed to both their work and personal development, with a willingness to widen their experience and knowledge base.
- Must possess professional English language skills (written and verbal).
- Should be able to communicate clearly with team members.
- Should have knowledge of software’s such as AutoCAD, Dialux and Revit.
- Should have experience in working in Middle East and UK with knowledge of regional standards & regulations; and candidates interested in working with the Nordics.
- Should be able to work in a team and support, mentor and develop junior technician.