The Civil Structures team in Southampton are currently looking for a talented Technician who will be able to fulfill the Technican role within a integrated design team of Engineers, Scientists and Technicians.
Ramboll is associated with some of the world's most respected, fully integrated infrastructure and transportation projects in both the UK and overseas. From feasibility studies, assessments and research, through planning and negotiations, to construction and operations, Ramboll provides unparalleled experience in this sector.
We acknowledge that our solutions depend on the creativity, insight and integrity of our employees. Therefore, we empower the people within our organisation, welcome their individual differences and enable them to work in multi-talented teams to produce inspired solutions.
The UK Government BIM mandate is an exciting catalyst for change disrupting design processes. This has opened our industry to specialist expertise from alternative fields such as product design and computer sciences. Below we have provided some guidance on suitable experience however we take an holistic approach to candidates assessing how an individual would benefit the team.
- Professional experience in the preparation of engineering drawings
- Professional experience from a multi-disciplinary environment, working on D&B/ECI contracts
- Professional experience in operating the latest versions of AutoCad including the use of reinforcement detailing packages
- Professional experience in the use of parametric 3d modelling applications
- Professional experience in writing code using c# or other languages
- Professional experience in Information Management Systems
- Preparing computer models and engineering drawings
- Preparing technical supporting data e.g. specifications, reports
- Preparing computer generated imagery
- Proactive team member providing feedback on your/company development
- Apply policies relating to health and safety, quality, and training.
- Site surveys and inspections
- Management of information in accordance with company procedures
Education and Professional Qualifications:
- Have a minimum of five A to C grade GCSE’s including Maths, English and preferably Design Technology/Science or an equivalent A Level or BTEC qualification.
- Have a minimum of HNC in a relevant field
- Good communication skills, both written and oral
- Planning, organising and prioritising personal workload
- Ability to interact well with team members
- Able to act on own initiative
- High degree of software literacy
You must have the right to work in the UK.
Ramboll UK is an equal opportunities employer.