Ramboll are seeking a Software Developer to join their busy Civil Structures team in Southampton. With the introduction of Building Information Modelling (BIM) into the majority of construction processes, the construction industry is gradually changing the way it works. A big part of this is creating and managing the huge amount of data used daily, and creating processes and systems to ensure a consistent and compliant transfer of information from one stakeholder to the next.
What we would be looking for is someone to assist us in this process, discussing how to improve existing processes with project managers, engineers and other technical members of staff using the skill set of a software and systems developer. The role would include a critical review of current relevant practices, followed by an assessment by a team of developers or those with an interest in software development and automation, prioritisation of individual projects and the implementation, testing and evaluation of projects identified.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Lead and undertake the design and implementation of automated processes utilising programming based techniques to ensure a consistent and compliant transfer of information from one stakeholder to the next.
- Adapt and enhance current automated processes coded in the .NET Framework(C# and VBA).
- Review, manage and deliver a number of different software solutions for different areas of the bridge department.
- Set up and manage software solutions using Agile/Scrum methods. This includes source control and management of files.
- .NET Programming
- MySql server/ database experience.
- A general understanding of API’s and experience of using them across several software packages.
- An appreciation of cloud based technologies and how these can be integrated in current process and utilised for future processes.
- Team Foundation (or equivalent)
- SQL Server Studio (or equivalent)
- Visual Studio
- Civil engineering, product design or other engineering background desirable
- Awareness or knowledge of computational design software such as DynamoBIM and Grasshopper desirable
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or related field
What we offer
- Competitive Salary and benefits
- Excellent career growth and development opportunities
- be part of a dynamic, expanding team in a rapidly growing sector
You must have the right to work in the UK.
Ramboll UK is an equal opportunities employer.