Floating Wind Engineer/Consultant (m/f)
For our offshore wind sector in our office in Hamburg, we are currently seeking an engineer (m/f) with a focus on floating wind. If you are motivated to work in an international environment at one of the leading renewable energy consulting firms then we look forward to receiving your application!
About the company
Ramboll is a leading engineering, design and consultancy company founded in Denmark in 1945. The company employs 13,000 globally and has especially strong representation in the Nordics, UK, North America, Continental Europe, Middle East and Asia Pacific. With more than 300 offices in 35 countries, Ramboll combines local experience with a global knowledgebase constantly striving to achieve inspiring and exacting solutions that make a genuine difference to our clients, the end-users, and society at large. Ramboll works across the markets: Buildings, Transport, Planning & Urban Design, Water, Environment & Health, Energy, Oil & Gas and Management Consulting.
World leader in the design of offshore wind support structures
Ramboll is the world leader within design of offshore foundations for wind turbines, having performed detailed designs for more than 50 offshore wind farms. More than 65% of the world’s offshore wind turbines rise from foundations designed by Ramboll. Ramboll is active in Floating Wind since 2007, with a track record of over 20 completed and ongoing projects. With our international, multidisciplinary and wind energy specific competencies, we are a full-range service provider in wind energy projects, and Ramboll offers comprehensive expert services for the different project stages from early feasibility, business case and impact assessment studies to planning, engineering, implementation, commissioning and the subsequent operation & maintenance. Ramboll Offshore Wind is present in offices in Copenhagen, Esbjerg, London, Aarhus and Hamburg and currently employs more than 120 highly-qualified experts.
- Varied and challenging tasks with a high level of autonomy and empowerment
- An international working environment with flat hierarchies and a motivated team
- A transparent corporate culture shaped by Scandinavian values
- The opportunity to bring in your individual skills and to help shape innovation
- Versatile development opportunities in a dynamic and growing company
- Being part of a growing team and contributing to a novel technology with floating wind
As part of a multidisciplinary project team, you will take on tasks such as:
- Working in international floating wind consultancy, demonstrator and pre-commercial projects
- Performing integrated aero-servo-hydro-elastic load analysis of floating wind turbines
- Structural design and hydrodynamic analysis of floating substructures and mooring systems
- Managing engineering tasks and communicating with clients in floating wind projects
- Participating in research projects with international stakeholders
- You are highly motivated to be part of a growing team and work on versatile tasks in floating wind
- You have successfully completed a diploma or master's degree in engineering or physics, specializing in naval architecture, structural mechanics, dynamics or numerical simulation
- Ideally you have experience in floating offshore wind turbine technology and/or offshore engineering (O&G), hydrodynamics, structural dynamics, hull and/or mooring system design, and numerical simulation
- You are well versed in the use of numerical calculation software, ideally having experience with software such as FAST, ORCAFLEX, ANSYS or MATLAB
- You can work well independently as well as in project teams and motivated to learn new skills
If you are seeking a new and exciting career opportunity and feel that this position reflects your profile, then we look forward to receiving your application via our online application system.
First upload your CV and confirm your personal data, then add your motivational letter as well as your references under the heading “Resume/CV” under the step “My Experience” in the application process.
We look forward to your application!
Apply before 2018-02-28