Senior Revit MEP Technician
Our London office is looking for a motivated Senior REVIT MEP Technician to contribute to our exciting range of projects including commercial, residential, hotels, sports and education sectors.
Ramboll is a leading engineering, design and consultancy company founded in Denmark in 1945. With close to 13,000 experts in 35 countries, including 1,200 in the UK, we emphasise local experience combined with a global knowledge-base.
Owned by the Ramboll Foundation and our staff, high ethical standards as well as responsibility towards society and employees are ingrained in our cultural DNA. Ramboll was value-based long before it came into fashion and we live our values every day. We constantly strive to achieve inspiring and exacting solutions that make a genuine difference to our customers, end-users and society as a whole.
Main Role Responsibilities
- Apply skills in Building Services Engineering
- Apply skills in Autodesk Revit
- Apply Skills in Autodesk AutoCAD
- Producing technical drawings including schematics from a 3D model
- Host coordination meetings and prepare clash reports
- Agreeing timeframes and producing co-ordinated MEP drawings for HVAC, Electrical Services, Plant rooms and district heating systems
- Delating work to Technicians, monitoring their work ensuring the quality is maintained and correct symbols are being used
- Mentoring Engineers in Revit (promote good practice modelling).
- Knowledge of PAS1192:2 essential
- Work in accordance with the mandated BIM Collaboration Procedures
- Maintaining good relationships with external Architects, developers and contractors
- Ensuring clear communication between the CAD team and MEP Design engineers
- Ensuring projects are delivered on programme and according to the clients brief
- Assist teams in setting up projects
Required qualifications, skills and knowledge
- Has a background in building services design
- Educated to a minimum of HND level in a relevant engineering discipline
- Proven experience as a building services technician
- Previous Revit experience in a multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy (essential)
- Hold or be willing to work towards Licentiate membership with CIBSE, IMeche, FEANI or a FEANI approved body
- Ability to communicate material of a specialist or highly technical nature clearly
- Previous Navisworks experience (essential)
- Previous AutoCad experience
- Must be able to produce fully coordinated drawings
- Experience in major projects – model manager
- Preferably mechanically biased
- Be highly enthusiastic and have good communication skills
- Clear understanding of constructability
- Interests in Digital Engineering Software/Visual Programming (e.g. Dynamo) (desirable but not essential)
- Main Contractor or site experience (desirable but not essential)
What we offer
- Competitive salary and benefits package including 25 days holidays, private medical insurance, life assurance and group income protection. In addition, we offer a comprehensive flexible benefits package including childcare vouchers, gym membership, dental insurance, cycle to work scheme, travel insurance, discounts in a vast range of restaurants and shops and many more!
- Excellent career growth and development opportunities
- Be part of a dynamic, expanding team within the UK
- A vibrant and inspiring culture, based on innovation and flexibility
As well as your C.V, please include a cover letter and provide the following information
- Why you think you would be a good fit for the role
- Your notice period in your current position (or if immediately available)
Please note that unfortunately we are not able to process incomplete applications.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK.
Ramboll is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply before 2018-03-02