We are looking for a proactive, motivated individual to contribute to the development and growth of our sustainability team in the Glasgow office. The successful candidate shall have the opportunity to work on exciting projects both in the UK and internationally and develop their career using cutting edge technology and existing skills within our team. The role shall include the delivery of sustainable building solutions on a variety of different projects in different sectors. The successful candidate will also have the opportunity to enhance their skills through further training in daylight assessments, thermal comfort and parametric modelling.
Ramboll is a leading engineering, design and consultancy company founded in Denmark in 1945. With close to 13,000 experts in 35 countries, including 1,200 in the UK, we emphasise local experience combined with a global knowledge-base.
Ramboll company culture, which is in evidence from the first time you step through the door, is based on open communication and the cherishing of innovation and proactivity. Our offices are open plan and our teams multi-disciplinary - with members from all levels, graduate to director - so in-depth involvement in projects is immediate. The company supports a wide range of other activities, such as sports groups, design presentations, charitable activities, competitions, excursions, talks by guest speakers and industry events.
Owned by the Ramboll Foundation and our staff, high ethical standards as well as responsibility towards society and employees are ingrained in our cultural DNA. Ramboll was value-based long before it came into fashion and we live our values every day. We constantly strive to achieve inspiring and exacting solutions that make a genuine difference to our customers, end-users and society as a whole.
Main Role Responsibilities
- Deliver project tasks as part of the sustainability works within projects
- Assist in research and development activities
- Work with the rest of sustainability engineers engineer(s) on delivering projects of high quality on a timely basis
- Providing strategic low-energy design advice
- Assisting in benchmarking assessments (i.e. BREEAM, CSH, LEED, etc.) and provide design advice
- Preparing low and zero-carbon technology feasibility studies and energy statements for local building standards
- A range of additional ad hoc duties to support the wider team
Required qualifications, skills and knowledge
- Have experience in BREEAM, preferably be a qualified assessor
- Be a competent IES User – preferably Level 5 Qualified Energy Assessor
- Have good communication skills and an ability to work independently
- Be able to confidently attend and lead design team meetings to deliver advice and solutions in relation to sustainable strategies for MEP designs
- Be able to produce high quality reports to meet agreed delivery dates
What we offer
- Competitive salary and benefits package including 25 days holidays (pro-rated), private medical insurance, life assurance and group income protection. In addition, we offer a comprehensive flexible benefits package including childcare vouchers, gym membership, dental insurance, cycle to work scheme, travel insurance, discounts in a vast range of restaurants and shops and many more!
- Excellent career growth and development opportunities
- Be part of a dynamic, expanding team within the UK
- A vibrant and inspiring culture, based on innovation and flexibility
As well as your C.V, please include a cover letter and provide the following information
- Why you think you would be a good fit for the role
- Your notice period in your current position (or if immediately available)
Please note that unfortunately we are not able to process incomplete applications.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK.
Ramboll is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply before 2018-03-02