Air Quality Analyst
Ramboll is looking for energetic, talented and self-motivated scientists and engineers to join our team of internationally recognized air scientists and perform advanced technical studies to inform major business and public policy decisions and support our business development efforts.
You are a self-starter who is detail oriented, but also thinking about the big picture and always looking for ways to solve problems and enhance the client relationship. You embrace a collaborative culture that provides considerable freedom to practice, have a ”get it done” attitude and are eager to apply your hands-on computer modeling skills to help solve our government and business clients’ advanced air quality problems.
You are seeking a full-time position as an air quality analyst in a fast-paced, challenging and rewarding work environment with excellent opportunities for professional growth. Your typical day might include one or more of the following: conducting scientific investigations using advanced air quality and meteorological models, interpreting modeling results, developing new modeling tools, performing statistical and geospatial analyses of air quality data, preparing reports and communicating results to clients, publishing and presenting findings to peers and stakeholders, and managing projects and client relationships.
The following locations may be available for this candidate: Novato, CA, Santa Clara, CA, or Sacramento, CA.
M.S. in discipline relevant to air quality modeling such as atmospheric science, engineering, meteorology, chemistry or physics.
0-3 years (Work done as a graduate student can count toward this requirement)
- Strong technical programming skills gained through practical experience using languages and tools like Python, Perl, NCL and R
- Strong oral communication skills
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
Helpful Additional Qualifications:
- Proficiency in working in a Linux/Unix environment, including shell scripting
- Experience running and interpreting results from air quality/climate/meteorological models such as CAMx, CMAQ, WRF, GEOS-Chem, MOZART and AM3
- Experience with emission inventory development and analysis
- Experience with emissions modeling (e.g. running SMOKE or MEGAN)
- Familiarity with computer skills such as managing disk drives and data storage
- Familiarity with database programming
Ramboll is an equal opportunity employer of minorities, females, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
This position may support sponsorship for the right candidate.
Apply before 2018-03-08
Workplace Novato, CA