Graduate Electrical Engineer (Building Services) - Graduate Recruitment 2018
Our London office is looking for a talented Graduate Electrical Engineer to contribute to the design of our exciting range of projects within the building services team.
In addition to the opportunity of working with exceptional engineers every day on varied and ground breaking projects, we pride ourselves on offering a structured development program from your first day as a graduate, through your role as a Design Engineer, to the day you become a Chartered Engineer and beyond. All graduates are partnered with a mentor to guide you through your journey with Ramboll.
Ramboll’s services cover all facets of engineering design in the built environment and graduates have the opportunity to rotate through many roles in their journey to becoming a well-rounded and valuable engineer. Roles include electrical Engineering, building electrical load analysis, Building Information Modelling (BIM), HV/LV distribution strategies, power management, efficient lighting design, fire alarms and security systems design. Ramboll’s multi-disciplinary offering means that graduates in the Building Services team work closely with structural engineers, civil engineers, environmental consultants, fire specialists, acousticians, transport planners and archaeologists, further broadening their understanding of design within the built environment.
Ramboll offer approved training and development schemes with CIBSE and the IET to give graduates the support they need to gain Chartership. On average, our graduates achieve chartered status two years ahead of industry standards.
Our Graduate Network offers a vibrant social community for young engineers, while our Charity Panel gives engineers the opportunity to get involved with charitable and development projects in the UK and around the work. Ramboll also provides opportunities for site placements.
Ramboll is a leading engineering, design and consultancy company founded in Denmark in 1945. With close to 13,000 experts in 35 countries, including 1,200 in the UK, we emphasise local experience combined with a global knowledge-base.
Ramboll company culture, which is in evidence from the first time you step through the door, is based on open communication and the cherishing of innovation and proactivity. Our offices are open plan and our teams multi-disciplinary - with members from all levels, graduate to director - so in-depth involvement in projects is immediate. The company supports a wide range of other activities, such as sports groups, design presentations, charitable activities, competitions, excursions, talks by guest speakers and industry events.
Owned by the Ramboll Foundation and our staff, high ethical standards as well as responsibility towards society and employees are ingrained in our cultural DNA. Ramboll was value-based long before it came into fashion and we live our values every day. We constantly strive to achieve inspiring and exacting solutions that make a genuine difference to our customers, end-users and society as a whole.
Main Role Responsibilities
- Follow the company training scheme, fulfilling objectives to assist personal development and provide a basis for future progression within the company
- Work within a team under supervision by Engineers and Senior Engineers
- Work in multi-disciplinary teams with clients, developers, project managers, architects, structural engineers, civil engineers, environmental consultants, fire specialists and acousticians
- Contribute and get involved with local, national and international projects.
- Work and develop skills in Electrical Engineering Design (building load analysis, LV distribution strategy, power reliability)
- Work and develop skills in High Performance Building Design such as metering strategy, efficient lighting design and energy evaluation analysis, renewable technologies (such as Photovoltaic Panels, Wind Turbines and CHPs) (Desirable)
- Work and develop skills in understanding of BREEAM, LEED and WELL requirements
- Work and develop skills in Building Information Modelling (BIM) such as using Revit
- Work and develop skills in drawing production including how to communicate design information on drawings and skills in AutoCAD
Required qualifications, skills and knowledge
- Good relevant degree accredited by the Engineering Council or other equivalent FEANI approved body - minimum 2:1 and above - in Electrical Engineering or Building Services Engineering
- Be an excellent communicator capable of explaining complex engineering principles in plain language, both verbally and in writing
- Proven and competent in the subject matter of the assignment and able to work independently with intermittent supervision
- Be proactive in addressing problem issues, presenting and pushing solutions
- Ability to organise and conduct several activities simultaneously
- Build relationships with individuals from other organisations
- Familiar with a range of engineering software including Amtech, Autocad, Revit, Dialux, Relux, and 3DS Max is beneficial but not essential)
As well as your C.V, please include a cover letter explaining why you want to work for Ramboll and why you think you would be a good fit for the role.
Please note that unfortunately we are not able to process incomplete applications.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK.
Ramboll is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply before 2018-02-23