We are currently seeking a Transport Planner to join the Ramboll UK Transport Planning Team, in response to a growing workload and to further enrich our capabilities. Ramboll UK has offices across the UK, with transport planning capability currently located in London and Chester, but we would consider growing into other Ramboll UK offices, if you present that potential.
You will be working on a range of projects across the UK and internationally, with a strong focus on development planning, for a company with Scandinavian roots and a global reach. At Ramboll, the only limitation is your drive and enthusiasm. Current projects include new airports, new high speed rail, new roads, urban renewal and university masterplans.
Your role will flex in accordance with the project you are working on. As result we are looking for team players and self-starters; transport planners who stand out in terms of professional integrity, technical insight and social empathy, and who enjoy their work and want to be empowered.
In return you will be part of a small close-knit team, which provides mutual support and professional development, whilst encouraging ownership and responsibility.
You should expect your role to include a mix of the following activities:
- Preparation of various reports and technical assessments
- Trip forecasting/analytics
- Feasibility analysis and input to master planning
- Building relationships, liaising and negotiating with different parties, e.g. planning/highways authorities, developers, and transport providers.
- Public consultation
- Input to preliminary scheme design
- Input to S106/S278 agreements
- Input to tenders/bids
- Input to project management
Core technical requirements for this role include a mix of the following attributes:
- An appropriate degree (MSc/MA/MEng)
- At least 1 year demonstrable experience in UK transport planning
- Excellent written, numerical and communication skills (in English)
- Proficiency in TRL Junction modelling software
- Familiarity with industry standard databases e.g. TRICS, TEMPRO etc
- Confidence with MS Office applications - particularly Word and Excel
Also, we would be interested to hear if you have other specialist skills/experience/interests, such as:
- ArcGIS/MapInfo or other data analytics/data management type applications
- Higher-level modelling tools such as VisSim/ Paramics /Legion/TRANSYT/SATURN
- Transport scheme appraisal, business case development or economic analysis
What we offer
- Competitive salary and benefits package including 25 days holidays, private medical insurance, life assurance and group income protection. In addition, we offer a comprehensive flexible benefits package including childcare vouchers, gym membership, dental insurance, cycle to work scheme, travel insurance, discounts in a vast range of restaurants and shops and many more!
- Excellent career growth and development opportunities
- Be part of a dynamic, expanding team within the UK
- A vibrant and inspiring culture, based on innovation and flexibility
As well as your C.V, please include a cover letter and provide the following information
- Why you think you would be a good fit for the role
- Your notice period in your current position (or if immediately available)
Please note that unfortunately we are not able to process incomplete applications.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK.
Ramboll is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply before 2018-03-02