Highway Lighting Engineer
Ramboll is looking for a Senior External Lighting Engineer to join their busy team in Southampton. Reporting to Project and Department Managers you will utilise your previous experience, skills and knowledge to participate on a variety of Infrastructure projects.
Ramboll’s ownership structure (we are wholly owned by the charitable Ramboll Foundation) gives us the stability to take the long view, freed from the imperatives of shareholders and the stock market. This long term view is central to how we operate and how we go about creating lasting relationships with our clients. As a result, Ramboll is associated with some of the world's most respected, fully integrated infrastructure and transportation projects.
- To undertake, and support the preparation of, various aspects of highway and exterior lighting design on large Highways Improvement schemes and infrastructure development projects
- Will be responsible for detailed design and the preparation of contract drawings and documents, produced independently or by other team members.
- Whole life costing to provide best value schemes
- The supervision of technicians and engineers
- Engagement with external stakeholders
- Control and monitoring of project programmes and budget
Required Skills and Experience:
- Chartered/near chartered or Incorporated Engineer with good and appropriate experience
- Ideally a corporate member of the Institution of Lighting Professionals and/or Society of Light and Lighting
- Received G39 training and holds CSCS and ECS cards
- Holds ILP diploma in lighting or equivalent
- Lighting and electrical programs Lighting Reality and Amtec
- Experience with, but not essential, Dialux, Relux , Calculux, Turbo Light
What we offer
- Competitive salary and benefits package including 25 days holidays, private medical insurance, life assurance and group income protection. In addition, we offer a comprehensive flexible benefits package including childcare vouchers, gym membership, dental insurance, cycle to work scheme, travel insurance, discounts in a vast range of restaurants and shops and many more!
- Excellent career growth and development opportunities
- Be part of a dynamic, expanding team within the UK
- A vibrant and inspiring culture, based on innovation and flexibility
As well as your C.V, please include a cover letter and provide the following information
- Why you think you would be a good fit for the role
- Your notice period in your current position (or if immediately available)
Please note that unfortunately we are not able to process incomplete applications.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK.
Ramboll is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply before 2018-03-30