Ramboll Network Engineer
Ramboll has an immediate opening for a Network Engineer in its Arlington, VA office. The Network Engineer is the network technology subject matter expert for Ramboll and will be responsible for the strategy, architecture, analysis, design, configuration, implementation, installation, documentation, troubleshooting and maintenance of the voice and data network technologies managed by the Ramboll Services Organization Information Technology department.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide second level incident response for incidents reported by the business and monitored systems;
- Assess and identify appropriate solutions to be integrated into the computing landscape;
- Contribute to enterprise-level planning, equipment staging, turn-up and deployment of projects at the company’s co-location datacentre, hub sites and various remote office sites;
- Support and maintain the core network and all components supporting all business locations, co-location datacentre, and third party connectivity;
- Administer and monitor LAN / WAN network switches, routers, firewalls, and physical environment.
- Troubleshoot LAN, WLAN, WAN, VMWare, WIFI and internet connectivity systems;
- Provide LAN / WAN / VoIP hardware / software engineering and user support;
- Perform security, maintenance, and performance upgrades as conditions and vendor recommendations require;
- Optimize network performance for new system integration and processes;
- Implement policies and procedures to ensure consistent network services, uptime and data protection are maintained to ensure compliance with General Computing Controls;
- Implement, monitor and support the interconnectivity between multiple hub-location facilities including data replication to support the disaster recovery strategy.
- Recommend and maintain network related customer support processes and procedures to provide timely and efficient customer support; continually review, identify and suggest improvements to existing network administration processes and system efficiency and effectiveness.
- Participate in the evaluation of network related hardware/software products and services;
- Provide LAN/WAN hardware/software recommendations to improve network security.
- Assist with enterprise application and infrastructure solution implementations and administration.
- Document network problems and resolution for future reference.
- At least one to three years of related experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, MIS, engineering, related field or equivalent work experience
- Preferred Cisco Certifications – CCNA
- Knowledge of server and desktop virtualization, especially VMware, a plus
- Enterprise class data centre operations experience, a plus
- Must be able to travel up to 25% of the time
- Have a broad range of network engineering, applications and desktop knowledge in the following: Cisco switching and routing specifically Nexus; NetApp fabric specifically; Cisco wireless; Cisco ASA; Cisco Unity Connection unified messaging with Microsoft Exchange: unified presence, Cisco access points; Site to Site and Remote access VPN circuits; SolarWinds network performance monitor.
- This position requires extensive skills and experience in multi-location network routing and switching, internet routing, VPN tunnels, wireless networking, and general network troubleshooting.
- Requires strong technical and interpersonal skills.
Apply before 2018-02-27
Workplace Arlington, VA