Air Quality Principal
We are seeking individuals with 15+ years of technical and/or consulting experience in related disciplines for Senior Level Professional (Principal and Principal Consultant) positions with the firm’s Air Quality team in Ann Arbor, MI, Indianapolis, IN and St. Louis, MO.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing technical and business leadership and collaboration with US and international professional organizations, as well as technical leadership and strategic guidance to clients of the firm in the commercial, manufacturing, government, energy, financial, insurance, and/or law sectors. In addition, the successful candidate must demonstrate an ability to generate and maintain a volume of business sufficient to support the growth of the firm. Typically, successful applicants generate at least enough business to support 2-3 staff members.
This individual will have experience managing consulting assignments, must work effectively in multi-disciplinary teams, is expected to be proficient in the analysis and communication of information, and must be able to work cooperatively with agencies, organizations, and individuals to guide decision-making. The successful candidate also is expected to be proficient in all facets of project management. He/she must demonstrate a commitment to mentoring and developing Associate and Manager level staff and collaboration with colleagues throughout the Practice.
- Identifying and pursuing business development opportunities;
- Managing projects, clients, and regulatory agency relations;
- Critically reviewing and interpreting local, state, and federal environmental regulations, compiling and drafting regulatory applicability determinations, and communicating findings, to co-workers, clients, and regulatory agencies;
- Overseeing the preparation of comprehensive federal and state air permit application materials;
- Testifying at administrative and/or court hearings;
- Participating in local, national and international scientific and trade group meetings;
- Conducting site visits; and
- Meeting Ramboll Environ and client safety training and workplace safety requirements.
- B.S./M.S./Ph.D. degree in Engineering or Environmental Sciences, or related discipline;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Demonstrated capabilities in understanding, interpreting, and applying environmental regulations to real-world situations;
- Understanding of air quality issues and agency-approved methods and guidance;
- Ability to externally manage client and regulatory agency relationships and internally manage staff and competing project priorities; and
- Demonstrated business development capabilities.
- 15+ years of experience in environmental consulting, focused on air quality
We are an equal opportunity employer of minorities, females, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Ramboll Environ conducts all of its relations with its employees and applicants for employment in accordance with the applicable laws, directives and regulations of the many countries in which we do business, and without regard to ancestry, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, domestic partnership status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, military service or veteran status.
Apply before 2018-04-29
Workplace St. Louis, MO