Technical Director (Electrical Engineering team)
Are you passionate about design, and willing to push the boundaries and challenge the norm to deliver exceptional solutions for Clients and Society as a whole? If your answer is yes, we might be looking for you!
We are seeking an individual with a passion to make a genuine difference and lead the technical growth and development of our electrical engineering team of 10 in London. The team form part of our 50 strong MEP building services team in London who are currently delivering exciting national and international projects.
Ramboll is a leading engineering, design and consultancy company founded in Denmark in 1945. With 13,350 experts in 35 countries, including 1,200 in the UK, we emphasise local experience combined with a global knowledge-base.
Owned by the Ramboll Foundation and our staff, high ethical standards as well as responsibility towards society and employees are ingrained in our cultural DNA. Ramboll was value-based long before it came into fashion and we live our values every day. We constantly strive to achieve inspiring and exacting solutions that make a genuine difference to our customers, end-users and society as a whole.
Main Role Responsibilities
Technical Discipline Leadership
- Undertake technical discipline leadership for Electrical services within the London Building Services Department. Enhance and develop the discipline groups technical potential
- Establish best practice for the electrical services engineers and provide technical mentoring, coaching and guidance to improve skills base and knowledge
- Provide project leadership within electrical services engineering and technically review and quality assure the work produced by the electrical engineering group
- Establish skills matrices for the electrical engineers and document growth and development plans to meet the current and future requirements of the department
- Understand the clients values and project requirements and scope and plan project delivery accordingly to meet and exceed the clients expectations
- Undertake day to day project leadership and participation and provide high quality design solutions to meet the requirements of the project and the projects deliverables
- Manage, communicate and deliver complex and non-complex client solutions which are considered and optimised
- Manage discipline workflow and team delivery to agreed quality and programme
- Communicate the developing electrical design to the wider project team and agree appropriate technical solutions to meet the client brief and projects requirements
- Have cognisance of the commercial parameters and plan and execute the required work flow within approved and agreed budgets
Supplementary Role Responsibilities
- Secure short term and midterm profitable performance of designated department according to the targets for the department
Strategy and business plans
- Contribute to the development of the area of business the department is part of (region, division or similar) as part of the regional/division management team
- Develop and implement a department business plan in line with PBU business plan and direct and coordinate the department to achieve this plan
- Manage appropriate and assigned day-to-day activities in the department
Partnering and relations
- Promote the full PBU service portfolio towards customers and partners
- Search, market, tender and implement projects in the best interest of the Ramboll Group as a whole and the client
- Ensure close relations between own department and related departments in all parts of Ramboll organisation
- Represent the business in dealing with internal and external interests, with a particular responsibility to develop and maintain good relations with customers and partners
- Provide visible, tangible leadership based on the Ramboll Values and the Ramboll Leadership Profile
- Ensure that all corporate and local HR processes are successfully implemented in the department
- Ensure that Ramboll Code of Conduct is followed in all situations
- Ensure that the department is in compliance with the Ramboll Governance Principles and Corporate Policies
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree within technical/engineering field
- Substantial professional experience
- Experience from similar role
Skills and Abilities: The Successful Candidates will
- have strong commercial acumen
- Have strong technical and functional skills
- Have been engaged in a local market and have a demonstrable ability to win work
- Have led a successful team that works across a diverse project portfolio.
- Be an excellent communicator
- Have commercial and contractual experience of an engineering consultancy as a business
- Have a thirst for engineering excellence and a desire to develop themselves and others to be at the cutting edge of industry knowledge
- Have a track record of delivering major projects as well as varied and complex buildings
What we offer
- Be part of a dynamic, expanding organisation within the UK
- High level of exposure to international expertise in the sector and opportunity to work on international projects
- Competitive salary and benefits package including car allowance, 25 days holidays, private medical insurance, life assurance and group income protection. In addition, we offer a comprehensive flexible benefits package including childcare vouchers, gym membership, dental insurance, cycle to work scheme, travel insurance, discounts in a vast range of restaurants and shops and many more!
- A vibrant and inspiring culture, based on innovation and flexibility
Ramboll UK is an equal opportunities employer.