Site Solutions Senior or Managing Consultant
An international consultancy, Ramboll Environ works with clients to help resolve their most demanding environmental and human health issues. We combine resources across geographic boundaries and technical and scientific disciplines to provide clients with the best, most responsive team—whether responding to existing challenges, evaluating opportunities to improve performance, or seeking to reduce future liabilities. Clients around the world benefit from our unique ability to bring clarity to issues at the intersection of science, business and policy.
Ramboll Environ is seeking a full-time Engineering Consultant to join the Site Solutions group in our Arlington, Virginia office.
Typical responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Multimedia site characterization and feasibility study;
- Preparation of technical deliverables and reports, including engineering plans, specifications, and bid packages;
- Design, construction management, and management of operations of in-situ and ex-situ remedial systems (e.g., soil vapor extraction (SVE), enhanced in-situ bioremediation (eISB), in-situ chemical oxidation (ISCO), passive reactive barriers (PRB),landfill capping, and groundwater pump and treat);
- Assistance with proposal writing;
- Cost estimating and budget management;
- Support to senior management and participation in development and maintenance of client relations;
- Mentoring of junior staff; and
- Collaboration on technical papers for publications and/or presentation at conference.
Educational and Licensing Requirements:
- Minimum requirement is BS in Civil, Design or Environmental Engineering or Geology; a Masters degree in a related field is a plus; and
- Licensed Professional Engineer (PE) or Professional Geologist (or ability to obtain license within 6 months).
- Six to ten years of experience in Environmental Consulting/Engineering;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent time management skills with ability to multitask;
- Experience in managing a team of technical staff;
- Capability to work both independently and as part of a team;
- Experience with budgeting, cost tracking, drafting proposals, and reporting;
- Knowledge of environmental regulations and guidance at both state and federal levels;
- Knowledge of, and experience implementing site investigation and remediation methods;
- Experience in technical publication and/or presentation at conference a plus; and
- OSHA 40-Hour HAZWOPER Certification, First Aid and CPR.
Ramboll Environ conducts all of its relations with its employees and applicants for employment in accordance with the applicable laws, directives and regulations of the many countries in which we do business, and without regard to ancestry, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, domestic partnership status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, military service or veteran status.
Ramboll Environ is an equal opportunity employer of minorities, females, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Apply before 2018-03-29
Workplace Arlington, VA