Principal Consultant/Principal (Manhattan, New York)
Ramboll Environ is seeking qualified candidates to join our East Coast business unit and lead our New York City and metro service area business.
- Provide overall senior leadership in business development, financial performance, staff development and mentoring, and provide technical direction to staff in a "seller-doer" environment as we grow and develop Ramboll Environ's New York City environmental and engineering services capabilities;
- Develop, direct, lead New York City and New York State environmental and brownfield projects under NYC OER, E-Designation/HAZMAT, State Superfund, NYCDEP, bulk storage/AST, UST and petroleum spills, and related NYS/NYC site remediation and cleanup programs;
- Develop, direct, and lead climate change, sustainability, and resiliency projects;
- Lead the completion of Phase I ESAs, Site Investigation/Phase II ESAs, remedial investigations, and development of remedial investigation and remedial action plans;
- Lead the investigation, remedial planning, permitting, and remediation of air, water, wastewater, vapor, soils, sediment, and other media at sites throughout the metro-NYC area;
- Develop work scopes and budget schedules for new projects;
- Provide remediation cost estimates;
- Develop and manage project schedules, budgets, and deadlines;
- Lead the preparation of deliverables for regulatory agencies;
- Mentor junior staff and participate in performance-related activities.
- MS degree in Engineering, Geology, Environmental Science, or related technical field;
- Demonstrable relationships with NYSDEC, NYCDEP, and other NYC regulatory agencies;
- Demonstrable relationships with authorities (e.g., NY/NJ Port Authority, MTA, DDC, Housing, Schools Construction) and public contracting experience;
- Strong technical skills, excellent oral and written communication skills, excellent presentation skills;
- Demonstrable legal, business, and developer contacts and credibility/reputation in the field;
- Motivation and ability to develop new contacts and business in a "seller-doer" model;
- Strong motivation to produce quality work products on budget and on time;
- Ability to simultaneously perform on and manage numerous technically complex projects while working on separate technical project teams;
- Capability to travel within 100 miles of New York City and occasionally outside the area;
- NY PE highly desirable;
- Other professional licensure desirable but not required.
- 15+ years of experience of which a substantial amount has involved performing/implementing hazmat, OER, NYCDEP, NYSDEC, RCRA, UST, and related New York remediation projects;
- Experience negotiating with regulators and/or participating on negotiation teams for environmental and land use permitting including Water permits, federal/USACE permits, wetlands, soils, SPDES, and SEQR;
- Working with the NYSDEC, NYCDEP, NYC OER, and NJDEP Site Remediation Program officials and other regulatory agencies;
- Conducting presentations in-house and at technical meetings and conferences;
- Current 8-hr. refresher for 40-hr. HAZWOPER training.
Workplace New York, NY