Public Health Engineer
Our London office is looking for a motivated Intermediate/Senior Public Health Engineer to contribute to our exciting range of projects including commercial, residential, hotels, sports and education sectors.
Ramboll is a leading engineering, design and consultancy company founded in Denmark in 1945. With close to 13,000 experts in 35 countries, including 1,200 in the UK, we emphasise local experience combined with a global knowledge-base.
Owned by the Ramboll Foundation and our staff, high ethical standards as well as responsibility towards society and employees are ingrained in our cultural DNA. Ramboll was value-based long before it came into fashion and we live our values every day. We constantly strive to achieve inspiring and exacting solutions that make a genuine difference to our customers, end-users and society as a whole.
Main Role Responsibilities
- Plan, undertake, coordinate, and monitor work on projects or programmes
- Apply skills in Public Health Engineering Design (Essential)
- To provide technical knowledge for Public Health and drainage requirements regulations
- Apply skills in communicating design information for the production of drawings (essential) and skills in AutoCAD and Revit (Desirable).
- Undertake surveys and inspections
- Prepare bid and contract documentation
- Project Manager role for single discipline projects and expected to represent Ramboll at external client meetings – excellent communication skills essential
- Understanding of different procurement and contractual arrangements , as well as financial arrangements for projects, including fee forecasting, fee preparation, and allocation
- Monitor actual project costs against target costs and administer change control procedures in accordance with agreed scope of service
- Works well within a team environment and is a role model to graduate engineers
Required qualifications, skills and knowledge
- Has a strong background in Public Health services design (Essential) including sprinkler/hydrant performance requirements (Desirable).
- Educated to degree level in a relevant engineering discipline
- At least five years’ experience as mechanical engineer
- To Hold or be working towards Chartership with CIBSE, IMeche, FEANI or a FEANI approved body
- Knowledge and instruction of relevant occupational hazards and safety precautions of their specific discipline
- Ability to communicate material of a specialist or highly technical nature clearly and to be competent at presenting to external Clients
What we offer
- Competitive salary and benefits package including 25 days holidays, private medical insurance, life assurance and group income protection. In addition, we offer a comprehensive flexible benefits package including childcare vouchers, gym membership, dental insurance, cycle to work scheme, travel insurance, discounts in a vast range of restaurants and shops and many more!
- Excellent career growth and development opportunities
- Be part of a dynamic, expanding team within the UK
- A vibrant and inspiring culture, based on innovation and flexibility
As well as your C.V, please include a cover letter and provide the following information
- Why you think you would be a good fit for the role
- Your notice period in your current position (or if immediately available)
Please note that unfortunately we are not able to process incomplete applications.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK.
Ramboll is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply before 2018-03-02