Senior Consultant, Exposure/Risk Assessment
Ramboll Environ US Corporation is a leading scientific environmental consulting firm providing a broad range of technical services to both private and public sector clients.
Ramboll Environ is seeking candidates for a mid-level environmental consultant position in its Princeton, NJ office. Mid-level environmental consultants are typically engaged in projects which involve applying risk assessment and risk management strategies to support contaminated site decision-making under Federal, state, and international site cleanup programs. This includes supporting and implementing site characterization and remedial action projects that involve efforts to identify and control potentially unacceptable human and ecological exposures to chemicals in the environment. Such projects involve addressing soil, groundwater, sediment and surface water contamination; performing fate and transport modeling (including groundwater flow, vapor intrusion, air emission and dispersion, and surface water); statistical analysis; spatial analysis; assessing damages to natural resources; developing remediation/risk management plans; and providing technical support for litigation and regulatory negotiations.
Typical responsibilities include:
- Evaluating large environmental datasets using MS Access
- Leading and performing statistical and spatial date analysis
- Modeling contaminant migration and exposure concentrations
- Quantitatively evaluating human and ecological risks
- Preparing reports and other written communications
- Supporting regulatory negotiations and the evaluation of technical documents (e.g., scientific articles, regulations)
- Supervising junior staff in the above activities
- B.S./M.S in Environmental, Chemical, or Civil Engineering or related fields
- 3-5 years of professional experience with human health risk assessment, environmental fate and transport modeling, and statistical data analysis and sampling design
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Proficiency with spreadsheet or database software
- Familiarity with geographic information systems (GIS) applications software
Familiarity or professional experience with environmental forensics or atmospheric dispersion modeling is a plus, but not required.
Apply before 2018-06-29
Workplace Princeton, NJ