Ramboll are looking for an Associate/Director to build/lead a new multi-discipline Transport team in Birmingham. This is an outstanding opportunity to progress your career that will offer you interesting and varied work on large high profile projects as well as the challenge of building a high performing team in our new central Birmingham location. The role comes with a highly competitive remuneration package.
Drawing on strong industry and project experience gained from within either an Infrastructure and Highways or a Civils domain, you will also have proven leadership and team management experience and be responsible for setting and delivering the strategy and annual business plan for the team, managing operations and implementing effective governance. You will maintain a client focus and lead strategic selling activities to develop additional business for the team/division.
Ramboll’s ownership structure (we are wholly owned by the charitable Ramboll Foundation) gives us the stability to take the long view, freed from the imperatives of shareholders and the stock market. This long term view is central to how we operate and how we go about creating lasting relationships with our clients. As a result, Ramboll is associated with some of the world's most respected, fully integrated infrastructure and transportation projects. From iconic projects such as Ferrari World, Tate Modern and the Queensferry Crossing, to ongoing ground breaking projects like HS2 and The Northern Hub, we design a variety of landmark bridges, highways and buildings in urban and rural, commercial, industrial, marine, aviation, educational and residential contexts. From feasibility studies, assessments and research, through planning and negotiations, to construction and operations, Ramboll provides unparalleled experience in this sector.
- Responsible for setting and delivering the strategy and annual business plan for the team including the management of day to day activities.
- Building client relationships and using networking opportunities to securing billable business opportunities and managing singular or large business development initiatives and some elements of business portfolios either locally or in country
- Managing bids and proposal inputs, including man-hour and cost estimation
- Managing time and priorities optimally to maximize opportunities to support revenue generating activity, quality delivery within budgets and team efficiency
- Leading short term and long term profitable performance in the team
- Coordinating with clients, project managers and other department managers to ensure co-ordination of resources matches the anticipated workload, utilisation and its management
- Managing departmental activities, particularly in ensuring delivery of team communications and the continued development of team members
- Providing visible, tangible leadership based on our Ramboll Values
- Ensuring that corporate and local HR processes are successfully implemented in the team (e.g. Performance & Development Process, recruitment, salary review etc.)
- Facilitating close relations between own team and related teams in all parts of the Ramboll organisation
Required Skills and Experience:
- PhD, Master's or Bachelor's degree within technical/engineering field, social science, humanities, or scientific field
- Proven Leadership and People management experience gained from other leadership roles or project manager roles
- Significant professional experience and domain knowledge, where a component should be from the management of teams preferably in an international context, securing profitability and ideally in complex client markets
- Good commercial and business acumen and ability to drive execution on deliverables
- Capability to motivate, lead and develop bid teams
- Ability to operate in a culturally diverse and internationally minded organisation
- Excellent English language skills (written and verbal) along with strong communication and negotiating skills.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits package including 25 days holidays, private medical insurance, life assurance and group income protection. In addition, we offer a comprehensive flexible benefits package including childcare vouchers, gym membership, dental insurance, cycle to work scheme, travel insurance, discounts in a vast range of restaurants and shops and many more!
- Excellent career growth and development opportunities
- Be part of a dynamic, expanding team within the UK
- A vibrant and inspiring culture, based on innovation and flexibility
As well as your C.V, please include a cover letter and provide the following information:
- Why you think you would be a good fit for the role
- Your notice period in your current position (or if immediately available)
You must have eligibility to work in the UK.
Ramboll is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply before 2018-02-23