Building Services Engineers - All levels
BUILDING A BETTER FUTURE WITH THE RAMBOLL BUILDING SERVICES TEAM IN CAMBRIDGE
Ramboll in the UK
Within Buildings, Ramboll UK is responsible for many inspirational projects at both local and international level.
We have leading position in areas such as Arts & Culture where we were responsible for Tate Modern’s unique extension and the preservation of the world’s only Tudor warship display – the Mary Rose, in Science Facilities where we played a major role in the multi-award winning National Graphene Institute, in cross laminated timber (CLT) where we have pioneered and designed the world’s largest CLT building, in digital design and offsite construction with award winning buildings such as the Citizen M hotel, and on other renowned projects such as large parts of the Kings Cross Central development, the International Quarter in Stratford, a large number of premium retail outlets in Bond Street, and Paddington Station.
About the opportunity
Ramboll has ambitious growth plans in the UK and its thriving Cambridge office is central to these growth plans. Ramboll aspires to grow their UK Building Services team by 30% over the next few years, with a substantial proportion of this growth expected in Cambridge – strengthening the offices multidisciplinary offering from the established Building Structures team.
Consequently, Ramboll is looking for Building Services Engineer at all levels (Intermediate, Senior, Principal, Associate) to strengthen the existing Building Services team within our Cambridge Office.
Our Cambridge Buildings team is well established and has an enviable reputation in world class projects. It is growing to incorporate building services design; we will offer multi-disciplinary consultancy to our clients built on the foundations of the established team of structural and acoustic engineers who have been serving our clients here from Cambridge since 2000.
This position offers the right candidates excellent career progression and personal development potential. Ideal candidates will be technically well rounded and able to lead projects, managing MEP resources and meeting clients.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Relevant degree in Building Services Engineering (Electrical and/or Mechanical) or equivalent qualification
- Solid technical knowledge of Building Services Engineering (Electrical and/or Mechanical) and general understanding of other building services disciplines and multi-disciplinary design
- Experience of higher education, residential and laboratory projects would be beneficial
- Chartered Engineer or will have gained sufficient experience to obtain full membership of an appropriate professional institution (applicable from Senior level above)
- Able to work independently
- Excellent interpersonal skills, confident, professional and able to negotiate positive outcomes with clients and staff when required.
- Possess skills and aptitude to provide guidance, instruct, motivate, and manage junior colleagues
- Be able to interface comfortably with clients
- Demonstrate pride in their work, through high quality and accurate timely delivery
- Be able to work collaboratively with others to form strong positive working relationships
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload to ensure timescales are met
- Ability to work on own initiative, but also seek assistance when required
- Willingness to develop personal skills and basic knowledge in other engineering disciplines
- Willingness to share knowledge and help junior team members develop
What we offer
- Competitive salary and benefits package including 25 days holidays, private medical insurance, life assurance and group income protection. In addition, we offer a comprehensive flexible benefits package including childcare vouchers, gym membership, dental insurance, cycle to work scheme, travel insurance, discounts in a vast range of restaurants and shops and many more!
- Excellent career growth and development opportunities
- Be part of a dynamic, expanding team within the UK
- A vibrant and inspiring culture, based on innovation and flexibility
You must have eligibility to work in the UK.
Ramboll is an equal opportunity employer.